CESA Building Business 2018 Seminar Series: July
Thursday, 19th July 2018
The catering industry, and we as its suppliers, are facing a period of unprecedented uncertainty. Mitchells & Butlers Chair, BoB Ivell, summed it up at the ALMR Spring Conference, in the phrase: “I’ve never seen the kind of headwinds that are currently being thrown at us as an industry”.
In CESA’s latest research we identified five major challenges for our members over the coming years, from digitisation, margin erosion, recruiting and retaining talent; to the circular economy and the potential impact of Brexit. These, along with other global shifts, have the potential to transform our market. Entrepreneurial, forward-thinking businesses, who can anticipate that future will thrive. Others will struggle to survive, and we’re already seeing that happen.
CESA is committed to helping our members thrive. To that end, we have partnered with Martyn Drake, one of the sector’s top consultants, who has worked with some our most successful and entrepreneurial members, and led the CESA Council through our own strategy process last year. Martyn will host a series of essential CEO seminars, to help our members prepare for and take full advantage of the changes we face.
The seminars are free to attend for CEOs, MDs and owners of CESA member organisations, and will be held at the CESA Offices, Rotherwick House, London, E1W 1YZ from 10:30 – 14:00. They will be highly interactive and challenging.
Places are limited and we expect them to fill very quickly, so if you would like to attend the next seminar in July, please fill in the Booking form
Profit in a low-price high-cost economy:
In this seminar, we will cover:
• The changing pressures on sales and margin, now and in the next three years
• Supply chain to value chain: commoditisation and the perceived value curve
• Strategic positioning: running into space and changing the game
• Sourcing and selling: the new approaches needed in the information age
You will leave the session with:
• New models for engaging your team with the sales and margin discussion
• An assessment of your current and potential future strategic positioning
• A clearer picture of potential skills gaps in your selling and buying functions
• An outline strategic plan for repositioning your offer to grow margins and sales