Eurofound study on Manufacturing
Invitation for the UNIDO event "Yearbook on Industrial Statistics 2019"
- Eurofound Report on “The Future of Manufacturing in Europe” (April 2019)
Please find attached the Report published this month by the European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions (Eurofound) – following the event that this EU Agency organised in Brussels last 11 April and for which we had disseminated the information to the coalition.
Among the key findings of this Report:
- “Macroeconomic modelling of the implementation of the Paris Climate Agreement estimates that GDP in the EU will increase by 1.1% and employment by 0.5% up to 2030. Manufacturing employment is projected to increase by 0.7%”;
- “Macroeconomic estimates indicate that a further increase in global tariffs will have a more severe impact for jobs in the EU than in other parts of the world. They lead to a 0.3% fall in employment in the EU by 2030. Of all sectors, manufacturing sees the largest percentage decline, of 1.1%”.
Please note that we met – as Coordinator of the coalition – with Eurofound last 25 February in Dublin in order to present them the coalition and our different Joint Papers (https://twitter.com/Industry4Europe/status/1100009498100617218).
- UNIDO event in Brussels to present the “International Yearbook on Industrial Statistics 2019” (Brussels, 13 May)
Please find below an invitation to attend the event during which the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) will launch in Brussels its International Yearbook on Industrial Statistics 2019. UNIDO is the specialized agency of the United Nations that aims at promoting and accelerating inclusive and sustainable industrial development (ISID) in UN Member States. Interestingly, UNIDO maintains a variety of databases comprising statistics of overall industrial growth, detailed data on business structure and statistics on major indicators of industrial performance by country. For your information, we recently met – as Coordinator of the coalition – with UNIDO at their Vienna headquarters to raise their awareness about the coalition, hence this invitation for their event which they allowed us to circulate to you all.
Please note that 2019 Manufuture conference will be dedicated to Sustainable and Smart Manufacturing and will organised in Helsinki in the framework of the European Days for Sustainable Circular Economy. You will be able to download the draft programme and to soon register at: https://edsce19.eu/
- Manufuture 2019 Conference on Sustainable and Smart Manufacturing (Helsinki, 1 October)